Why is it so hard to create? To get started on a creative project? To engage in creative writing? I am not sure the answer to that question, everyone who writes or engages in the creative process gets blocked in some way and at many periods of their careers. Currently I have been fighting to find the time and the motivation to create more, and I have at least two good ideas to develop. My saving grace is that I will be going on a mini vacation for two glorious weeks and hopefully I can kickstart the creative juices then. Along the way, I will try to use some of my free time (such as it is) to work on character biographies, I have started those and also to continue my endeavor to track down some sample scripts. For me, it's always imperative to have a template or two to work from because I need to have a blue print that guides my writing and gives me a springboard. Writing comic books is not as straight forward as say writing a screenplay. The former has a more free flowing less rigid format. Whereas the latter has a three act 120 page (usually) format, there is no one standard way to write a comic book script. Fortunately there are a lot of resources on the interwebs to turn to and there is no shortage of material for which to draw inspiration. Over the past few weeks I have read scripts by some of the industry mainstays, some as well known as Neil Gaiman, others with a bit more obscure bodies of work. I think I will take a drive to Santa Rosa on Friday prior to my flight to L.A. this weekend to try and track down a few more comic books which I can match to the scripts they were born from. Because as everyone knows, you can't have a finished book without a script. Wish me luck getting out of my creative quicksand. Writers blocks don't last forever. I am thinking that I will get out of mine within the next couple of days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carmona v. internet tyro 1/15/20